About Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp.
Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp. (MSG Entertainment) is a leader in live entertainment experiences. The Company presents or hosts a broad array of events in its diverse collection of venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre and The Chicago Theatre. MSG Entertainment is also building a new state-of-the-art venue in Las Vegas, MSG Sphere at The Venetian, and has announced plans to build a second MSG Sphere in London, pending necessary approvals. In addition, the Company features the original production – the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes – and through Boston Calling Events, produces the Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG Entertainment umbrella is Tao Group Hospitality, with entertainment dining and nightlife brands including Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Cathédrale. More information is available at www.msgentertainment.com.
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Manage the day-to-day commercial management of all soft cost payments.
- Ensure each consultant provides the necessary substantiation to allow payments to be made in accordance with the respective Consultancy Agreement.
- Undertake a full validation of all substantiation provided.
- Provide updated budgetary information on the expenditure and likely final projected cost.
- Produce monthly payment recommendations for all soft cost payments.
- As required; manage the development and implementation of the commercial function policies, processes and procedures to ensure fulfilment of legislative / procedural requirements.
- Supervise the activities of subordinates to ensure that all work within the commercial function is carried out in an efficient manner and in compliance with the set policies, processes and procedures.
- Identify staff development opportunities and assist in annual staff development reviews (as required).
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in managing the payment of construction professionals.
- Accountancy trained
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Delivering to tight timescales
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Principles, methods and practices related to commercial management of Consultant Agreements.
- Contractual terms and conditions knowledge
- Experience auditing suppliers.
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.