About Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp.
Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp. (MSG Entertainment) is a leader in live entertainment experiences. The Company presents or hosts a broad array of events in its diverse collection of venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre and The Chicago Theatre. MSG Entertainment is also building a new state-of-the-art venue in Las Vegas, MSG Sphere at The Venetian, and has announced plans to build a second MSG Sphere in London, pending necessary approvals. In addition, the Company features the original production – the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes – and through Boston Calling Events, produces the Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG Entertainment umbrella is Tao Group Hospitality, with entertainment dining and nightlife brands including Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Cathédrale. More information is available at www.msgentertainment.com.
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Manage the day-to-day operations of procurement function providing guidance in the related areas, encouraging teamwork and facilitating related professional work processes.
- Ensure the execution of procurement strategies across the business to ensure consistent and high-quality value delivery.
- In support of Project Delivery; establish required procurement strategy documents, disseminate to the team and report progress to ensure alignment to overall business strategy and objectives.
- Manage the procurement process including procurement scheduling activities, tendering packages, evaluation, negotiation, finalisation and production of robust documentation in order to ensure compliance to set procurement policies and processes
- Monitor supply chain performance and facilitate regular performance reviews with stakeholders in order to assess value and quality of services /works / products and inform decision-making on future collaborations.
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with key stakeholders to ensure engagement in all activities and support for procurement strategy.
- As required; manage the development and implementation of the procurement and commercial function policies, processes and procedures to ensure fulfilment of legislative / procedural requirements.
- Supervise the activities of subordinates to ensure that all work within procurement and commercial function is carried out in an efficient manner and in compliance with the set policies, processes and procedures.
- Identify staff development opportunities and assist in annual staff development reviews (as required).
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in Procurement and/or Commercial profession, of which a minimum of 5 years in managerial positions.
- Strategic decision making
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Planning and organization
- Mentoring and support
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience of the Las Vegas construction market an advantage.
- Principles, methods and practices related to procurement and commercial management
- Experienced in strategic procurement practices
- Contractual terms and conditions knowledge
- Supply Chain Management
- Commercial process and principles
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.