About Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp.
Madison Square Garden Entertainment Corp. (MSG Entertainment) is a leader in live entertainment experiences. The Company presents or hosts a broad array of events in its diverse collection of venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre and The Chicago Theatre. MSG Entertainment is also building a new state-of-the-art venue in Las Vegas, MSG Sphere at The Venetian, and has announced plans to build a second MSG Sphere in London, pending necessary approvals. In addition, the Company features the original production – the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes – and through Boston Calling Events, produces the Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG Entertainment umbrella is Tao Group Hospitality, with entertainment dining and nightlife brands including Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Cathédrale. More information is available at www.msgentertainment.com.
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Management of the change process for the project, dealing with changes generated by the General Contractor, Designer and MSG Client Changes, providing support and guidance to the Project Commercial Team.
- Oversee the tracking of all changes, including the process for the early identification of change, the tracking of all changes, monitoring actions ( pricing, scheduling, approval, rejection and the raising of any instruction to the Design Team and General Contractor.
- As required; manage the development and implementation of the commercial function policies, processes and procedures to ensure fulfilment of any contractual / procedural requirements in relation to the Change Process.
- Supervise the activities of subordinates to ensure that all work within the commercial function is carried out in an efficient manner and in compliance with the set policies, processes and procedures.
- Identify staff development opportunities and assist in annual staff development reviews (as required).
- Be able to price/forecast and market test the cost of any change for the internal approval process.
- Keep the MSG team, internal stakeholders and design team (where necessary) appraised of any urgent changes that await approval.
- Write reports, both technical and in language useful for non-construction professionals
- Must be IT literate
- Able to operate in a dynamic, fast moving and changing business landscape
- ‘Can do’ attitude and team worker essential
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in the commercial management of large construction projects with particular experience in the management of changes.
- Strategic decision making
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Planning and organization
- Mentoring and support
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Principles, methods and practices related to the change process.
- Experienced in the change management of construction projects.
- Contractual terms and conditions knowledge
- Commercial process and principles
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.